Minister of Religion Visa

Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)
A person can apply for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa if he
- Has been offered a job within a faith community in the UK by a licensed sponsor:
- Is from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland; and
- Meets the other eligibility requirements.
Application Process Time:
- Three months before travel.
- Minimum time for a decision: three weeks.
Fees Structure:
Applying outside UKExtending/switching in UK
Each Dependants£610/£704/-

- Healthcare surcharge applies separately 
- Maximum of three years and one month or the period on the certificate of sponsorship plus one month, whichever is shorter.
- A Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa can be extended for up to three years (or the time given in the certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days) or the time required to take the total stay in the UK to a maximum of six years, whichever time is shorter.
Applicants Can:
- Work for his sponsor in the job described in his certificate of sponsorship.
- Do a second job in certain circumstances 
- Bring Family Members.
- The studies as long as it does not interfere with the job he has been sponsored for.
- Do voluntary work.
- Travel abroad and return to the UK.
Applicants Cannot:
- Own more than 10% of his sponsor’s shares (unless he earns more than £159,600 a year).
- Get public funds.
The Applicant needs to: - Have a valid certificate of sponsorship for his job.
- Prove his knowledge of English.
- Have personal savings so he can support himself when he arrives in the UK.
- Show he can travel and his travel history over the last 5 years.
- Have TB test results.
- A person can switch to a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa is he meets the other eligibility requirements and must already be in the UK under another visa.
Documents Required:
- The applicant’s certificate of sponsorship reference number.
- Proof of knowledge of English.
- A bank statement or letter that shows the Applicant has enough personal savings.
- Current valid passport.
- Expired passports or travel documents if he needs them to show his travel history. - TB test results.
Online Application with Bio-Metric at Visa Application Centre